Now to bring you guys up to speed. We came back from Hawaii and I went back to school. School has been more relaxed this term, I think since its the summer quarter, but I hear that the next couple of quarters the classes are going to get harder and the expectations raised. Today is the end of week 7 and next week I have a neurophysiology test on monday and a pathology test on friday. Also I have a seminar in ART or active release technique from thursday thru sunday. ART is a soft tissue technique that helps to release fibrotic nodules and trigger points by pinning for instance a muscle with a trigger point in it and then the patient will stretch their muscle to help release the trigger point. The guy who invented the technique is a Chiropractor who uses it on a lot of athletes and has gotten good results.
Here is one pilot study that was done on ART if you want to check it out
http://www.midwestsportandspine.com/research/ART%20and%20Carpal%20Tunnel.pdf
Here is the ART website
http://www.activerelease.com/
Friday, August 20, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Sorry it wouldn't let me post the link for some reason but you can google
ReplyDeleteThe effects of active release technique
oncarpal tunnel patients:Apilot study and the site should show up.
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteIf you arrange to visit an Active Release provider, they will take a case history from you, evaluating each muscle, fascia, tendon, ligament and nerve to see whether they are tight, what kind of movement these soft tissues are able to do, and the texture of your soft tissues.Click to get the services of Chiropractor For Shoulder Pain, Active Release Chiropractic and Denver Colorado Chiropractors.
ReplyDeleteThis means that these Active Release providers can evaluate what is happening to your soft tissues by how the texture feels when they are touching it.